TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews are starting to assess the damage left behind after severe weather hit the Tampa Bay area overnight.
A Duke Energy crew responded to the Palm Grove Village mobile home park in Pinellas Park to repair downed powerlines. Officials said several mobile homes were damaged as storms rolled through the area on Thursday.
Officials say a tree fell on a home in Pasco County, sending one woman to the hospital.
Another person was injured after a tree hit a home in Seminole. Six others were inside the home, but none of them were hurt.
And a crane collapsed onto Interstate 275 in Tampa, but no one was injured.
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?
- Mourners in California honor 3 Marines killed in Afghanistan
- Alcohol banned at beach to discourage Georgia-Florida party
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiancé Brian Laundrie