TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Storm Team 8 is hosting Weather Breaks this week to help kids continue learning while they’re home from school due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Tuesday’s Weather Break featured Meteorologists Leigh Spann and Ian Oliver talking about lightning formation. Leigh and Ian also explained why the middle of Florida, including Tampa Bay, is known as the “lightning capital.”
Storm Team 8 will host a Weather Break every day at 10 a.m. on WFLA Now. Each Weather Break with Storm Team 8 will feature a different science lesson exploring the most fun and fascinating topics in meteorology.
WEATHER BREAKS WITH STORM TEAM 8:
- Tornado warning for Pinellas County canceled following possible waterspout
- Saharan dust from Africa expected to bring hazy skies, colorful sunsets to Gulf this week
- Earth Day Weather Break: How photosynthesis helps us survive
- Weather Break: How to bend a stream of water
- Weather Break with Storm Team 8: How do hurricanes and tropical storms form?