TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Storm Team 8 hosted its first Weather Break on Monday to help kids continue learning while they’re home from school due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Monday’s Weather Break with Storm Team 8 featured Leigh Spann and Ian Oliver, who explained how clouds develop. They also identified the most common types of clouds we see in the Tampa Bay area.
Storm Team 8 will host a Weather Break every day at 10 a.m. on WFLA Now. Each Weather Break with Storm Team 8 will feature a different science lesson exploring the most fun and fascinating topics in meteorology.
WEATHER BREAKS WITH STORM TEAM 8:
- Tornado warning for Pinellas County canceled following possible waterspout
- Saharan dust from Africa expected to bring hazy skies, colorful sunsets to Gulf this week
- Earth Day Weather Break: How photosynthesis helps us survive
- Weather Break: How to bend a stream of water
- Weather Break with Storm Team 8: How do hurricanes and tropical storms form?