TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) – A powerful waterspout was turning heads in South Florida on Wednesday.
An Instagram user captured video of the waterspuot coming on shore as a brief tornado near Golden Beach Wednesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service confirmed the waterspout came onshore around 1:09 p.m. and became a brief EF-O tornado with maximum sustained winds of 85 mph. An EF-O is the weakest tornado on the Enhanced Fujita scale.
No injuries were reported.
- Rays rookie Randy Arozarena stands alone in MLB record books with 23rd postseason hit
- Friday Night Blitz: Manatee Hurricanes vs Braden River Pirates
- Friday Night Blitz: Out-of-Door Thunder vs Indian Rocks Christian Golden Eagles
- Friday Night Blitz: Lakewood Ranch Mustangs vs Hollins Royals
- Friday Night Blitz: Armwood Hawks vs Gaither Cowboys