TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A tropical wave over southern Mexico is drifting north toward the Gulf of Mexico and the Bay of Campeche.
Gradual development is possible once the system gets over the warm waters of the southern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this a 50% chance of development in the next five days.
Forecast models show that the system will get picked up by a front and spread the moisture across the southeast. This tropical moisture will help to increase the rain chances in Tampa Bay this weekend.
LATEST NEWS FROM STORM TEAM 8:
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Warm with low humidity today before clouds, humidity arrive Sunday
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Warmer Trend Into Next Week
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Dry and sunny weather continues
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Gradually Warming Through The Weekend
- Expert predicts the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season will be more active, 16 named storms