TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A tropical wave over southern Mexico is drifting north toward the Gulf of Mexico and the Bay of Campeche.
Gradual development is possible once the system gets over the warm waters of the southern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this a 50% chance of development in the next five days.
Forecast models show that the system will get picked up by a front and spread the moisture across the southeast. This tropical moisture will help to increase the rain chances in Tampa Bay this weekend.
LATEST NEWS FROM STORM TEAM 8:
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Temps Hovering Near Normal Through Next Week
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Spotty light showers this afternoon
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Few showers possible to start the work week
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Cool and comfortable today, clouds move in tonight
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Cool finish to Gasparilla, getting chilly tonight