TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—The National Hurricane Center is monitoring a new disturbance in the tropics Friday morning.
The system is producing a large area of showers over the Lesser Antilles and eastern Caribbean Sea. It’s expected to reach the western Caribbean Sea early next week.
The system has a 70% chance of developing into at least a tropical depression in the next 48 hours, and a high 80% chance of developing within five days.
The next named storm would be Eta.
- Key West ends hurricane seasons by burning warning flags
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Tracking the Tropics: 2 areas being monitored in Atlantic basin as end of hurricane season nears
- Tracking the Tropics: Iota weakens to depression over El Salvador
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Iota roars onto Nicaragua as 2nd blow in 2 weeks