ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles will play a single-admission doubleheader Tuesday with Hurricane Dorian looming.
Wednesday’s finale of a three-game series at Tropicana Field was moved up to Tuesday.
Weather forecasts Saturday had the hurricane possibly staying off the east of Florida, but the projected path of the storm has been changing.
One of the parking lots at Tropicana Field was closed Saturday for the staging of FEMA equipment.
The Class A Florida State League and rookie-level Gulf Coast League have ended their seasons early due to the hurricane.
MORE HURRICANE COVERAGE:
- Key West ends hurricane seasons by burning warning flags
- Tracking the Tropics: Record-breaking 2020 hurricane season drawing to a close
- Tracking the Tropics: 2 areas being monitored in Atlantic basin as end of hurricane season nears
- Tracking the Tropics: Iota weakens to depression over El Salvador
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Iota roars onto Nicaragua as 2nd blow in 2 weeks