TAMPA (WFLA) — United States Coast Guard Air Station helicopter crews from Clearwater were deployed to Andros Island in the Bahamas Tuesday on a search and rescue mission.
The Coast Guard released five images from the MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew’s journey.
As Hurricane Dorian pummels its way through the Bahamas, the U.S. Coast Guard is supporting the Bahamian National Emergency Management Agency and the Royal Bahamian Defense Force in search and rescue efforts.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson