TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hurricane Lorenzo has become the second category 5 storm of the 2019 Atlantic Basin hurricane season.
The storm now has maximum sustained winds up to 160 miles per hour, which makes Lorenzo the strongest hurricane on record this far north and east in the Atlantic Basin per the National Hurricane Center.
Thankfully, this powerful hurricane will stay far from land while at peak intensity.
Lorenzo is forecast to weaken over the next few days as it moves north across cooler waters in the open Atlantic.
- USDA recalls Taco Bell’s Seasoned Beef over possible metal shavings contamination
- Olympic gold medalist from Clearwater hoping to qualify for 2020 Olympic Games
- Search underway for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in Polk County double homicide
- Pedophile who abused up to 200 children found dead in prison
- Lay’s introduces grilled cheese and tomato soup flavored chips