JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WNCN) — One Florida man’s random act of kindness will go a long way for Bahamian residents who lost power due to Hurricane Dorian.
According to a Facebook post by Alec Sprague of Jacksonville, Florida, he went to the local Costco to buy a generator. While there, he witnessed a man buying more than 100 generators, along with food to send to the Bahamas.
“All I could do was shake his hand and thank him! There still are good people in the world!” Sprague said in the post.
Sprague says the generators were valued at $450 each.
MORE HURRICANE COVERAGE
- ‘Total devastation:’ 20 dead, Bahamas remains stunned after Hurricane Dorian
- Tampa barber launching personal mission to help Bahamas after Dorian
- President Trump displays altered map to show Hurricane Dorian hitting Alabama
- Polk Co. law enforcement, businesses collecting donations to benefit Bahamas
- Tolls to be reinstated along Florida Turnpike, as Hurrican Dorian moves northward