TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Severe storms and strong gusting winds hit much of the Tampa Bay area early Monday morning.
Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties were under a tornado warning until meteorologists canceled it at 6:30 a.m.
There were no immediate reports of tornadoes or damage, but the National Weather Service said there was a severe thunderstorm that was capable of producing a tornado near the Holiday area shortly before 6 a.m. The storm was moving northeast at 35 mph.
Residents in the area were told to take cover, move to an interior room and avoid windows.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Tennessee law firm giving away free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers ready to face New Orleans Saints in divisional round playoff game
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce