SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hurricane Eta is already causing some damage across the Tampa Bay area.
The roof of an abandoned building inside a Venice mobile home park collapsed as Eta moved off the Gulf Coast on Wednesday morning. Local residents tell 8 On Your Side the roof blew off the structure and landed on the ground a few homes down.
Fortunately, no one lives inside the structure and no injuries were reported.
Sarasota County is under a tornado warning until 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Hurricane conditions are expected in the area Wednesday and Thursday.
- Mother of slain Florida teen shot during burial service
- Florida on track to top 1 million total coronavirus cases this week
- Bucs fight to the finish against Chiefs on Sunday
- 40 cold-stunned turtles from Cape Cod receive treatment in Florida Keys
- Missing Florida boater found clinging to capsized boat