(WPTV/NBC) – Coastal parts of South Florida are under a mandatory evacuation order—that include’s the president’s estate.
President Donald Trump’s prized Mar-a-Lago resort is boarded up with hurricane shutters covering the windows.
The president’s home is on the island of Palm Beach.
The stores on Palm Beach’s upscale shopping district, Worth Avenue, are also boarded up, covered with shutters and plywood.
The mandatory evacuation for the Barrier Islands in South Florida went into effect at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- Man shot, killed after assaulting 2 others with knife in Ruskin, deputies say
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Showers likely today before turning much colder tonight
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Water main break impacting traffic on Memorial Highway
- Police investigating after dog thrown off 29-foot overpass