Warning: Some viewers may find the video above disturbing due to its graphic nature.
(WPTV/CNN) – A dog was found buried alive under a pile of air conditioners in the Bahamas one month after Hurricane Dorian devastated the area.
Someone was using infrared heat-seeking technology on a drone and found the dog by happenstance.
Big Dog Ranch’s search and rescue team located the dog in Marsh Harbour.
Lauree Simmons, the president of Big Dog Ranch, said they’re naming the dog “Miracle” because it’s a miracle he is still alive.
Miracle arrived at Big Dog Ranch Rescue on Friday afternoon.
“Underneath an AC unit, he was trapped since the storm. And he is just totally emaciated. He’s been there since the storm because he is emaciated; nothing but a bag of bones. And still waggin’ his tail. I want everybody to know the crisis for the Bahamas is not over,” Simmons said.
It’s the rescue team’s 12th mission since Dorian ravaged parts of the Bahamas in September. They also brought 1,200 pounds of food for people and animals.
The rescue says they’ve now rescued and evacuated 138 dogs.
If you want to help or adopt a dog, visit BDRR.org.
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- New emergency order from DOE not coming before Thanksgiving
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Max Defender 8 Forecast: A Warm, But Dry Thanksgiving Forecast