TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – There are no tricks or treats for this year’s Halloween forecast. Temperatures will be very warm and humid all evening with a low chance for a few isolated showers. However, most trick-or-treaters will stay dry this evening.
Storm Team 8 Meteorologist Amanda Holly has details on what to expect throughout the night:
4 p.m. to 7 p.m.:
Hot and humid, especially in any lingering sunlight. Temperatures will be in the mid-80s with feels-like temperatures in the upper 80s and low 90s. There is a low chance for a passing shower.
7 p.m. to 10 p.m.:
Temperatures will struggle to fall out of the 80s this evening. Through 10 p.m., most places will see temperatures in the lower 80s but a few spots away from the coast will be in the upper 70s. A low chance for an isolated shower will stick around but most places will stay dry.
The treat of a forecast will arrive on Friday morning. A strong cold front will pass through overnight. Winds will pick up as the cooler and drier air filters in. Temperatures will be in the mid-60s as you step out the door.
The cooldown will be noticeable thanks to the much drier air compared to the humid air we’ve felt for most of October.
LATEST FROM STORM TEAM 8:
- Tracking the Tropics: System has 70% chance of developing in or near Gulf of Mexico
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Another round of passing downpours today, lower rain chances this weekend
- Leigh’s runcast: Warmer-than-average temps make workouts feel harder
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Quick downpours expected again today
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane Epsilon churning toward Bermuda