MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: High rain chances and active tropics

Forecast

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Thunderstorm chances increasing to 60% by the afternoon. The coverage of rain spreads inland, and there will be some pockets of heavy downpours.

The extra clouds and showers hold highs down just below average. Most areas top out in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees. Showers slowly taper off after sunset with lows in the mid 70s.

Friday’s rain chance is also 60%, and most of the rain will occur in the afternoon and early evening. It will be briefly drier Saturday with afternoon rain chances at 40%.

Early next week’s forecast may be impacted by what is now Tropical Depression 13. The system is expected to strengthen to a tropical storm. Th current forecast makes it a Category 1 hurricane as it tracks through the Bahamas and near south Florida Monday and Tuesday

Tropical Depression 14 has formed in the Caribbean, and it will head north into the central Gulf of Mexico early next week. The other is emerging off the coast of Africa and has a 40% chance to develop in the next five days.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss