TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Southern showers will linger a bit past sunset this evening, but they will not be widespread. Forecast models show a chance for the evening showers to be over parts of southern Pinellas & Hillsborough and Northern Manatee counties.

The front that spurred Tuesday afternoon’s showers dissipates early Wednesday, so humidity returns across the entire Tampa Bay area. Rain chances also increase to 50% in the afternoon and evening. Highs stay in the low 90s.

Thursday will also feel humid with a 40% chance of afternoon storms.

An area of low pressure is expected to form off Florida’s east coast. With counter-clockwise winds around that low, some drier air will filter in for the weekend. This will limit rain chances, but it’ll also make it feel slightly less humid.

That area of low pressure has a 30% chance of developing into a tropical depression or storm. We are still tracking Hurricane Nigel that will stay in the open waters of the Atlantic. Finally, there’s a tropical wave that will come off Africa that has an 70% chance of development.