TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida’s public schools are shut down this week due to the coronavirus pandemic. So WFLA’s Storm Team 8 is bringing the fun of meteorology to students at home!
Every morning, Storm Team 8 will host a Weather Break at 10 a.m. on WFLA Now. Each Weather Break with Storm Team 8 will feature a different science lesson exploring the most fun and fascinating topics in meteorology.
For kids who have ever shown interest in weather or becoming a meteorologist themselves, Weather Break will give them insight from some of Tampa Bay’s most experienced meteorologists – including Leigh Spann, Ian Oliver and Amanda Holly.
During the first Weather Break on Monday, Leigh and Ian explained how clouds develop. They also identified the most common types of clouds we see in the Tampa Bay area.
In Tuesday’s lesson, Leigh and Ian talked about Tampa Bay being the lightning capital.
Leigh, Ian and Amanda Holly on Wednesday talked about how tropical storms and hurricanes form.
Parents, if you’re looking for a way to keep your children busy and want them to continue learning while they’re off from school, you can watch Weather Break with Storm Team 8 every morning at 10 o’clock. It will be available on the WFLA app, WFLA.com and the WFLA Facebook page. Our meteorologists will even answer questions on Facebook Live!
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Bills WR Cole Beasley rather retire than follow NFL COVID rules
- President Biden encourages vaccinations as US looks to miss July 4 target
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Court rules in favor of Florida against conditional sail order
- Florida unemployment up in May, still below national rate
- Biden to announce 300M COVID-19 shots given in 150 days