ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – It is National Child Passenger Safety Week and the big message this year is to buckle up.
According to Safe Kids Worldwide, every 33 seconds a child in the United States is involved in a car crash.
What’s worse is that more than a third of kids who died in crashes were completely unrestrained.
The Florida Suncoast Safe Kids Coalition, led by Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, teaches parents in the Tampa Bay community how to properly install safety and booster seats.
8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross got tips to keep your kids safe while on the road.
Families can visit HopkinsAllChildrens.org/CarSeats to find information about the hospital’s free care seat safety classes.
- Thousands turn out for first day of Gasparilla Distance Classic
- Treat yourself! It’s National Margarita Day
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- Florida family killed by father in apparent murder-suicide identified
- Hillsborough County sheriff in Washington to witness Trump pardon ex-NFL owner with Tampa Bay ties