TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – It’s not always an easy conversation to have, but it is an important one.
Today is World Suicide Prevention Day and organizations around the Tampa Bay area are encouraging others to share stories and resources to raise awareness for suicide prevention.
Local businesses are remembering those impacted by suicide and focus their efforts on bringing treatment to those who need it most.
Ella Bing Haberdashery in Hyde Park Village designs custom made wooden bow ties as a tribute to a special person lost to suicide.
Owner Brent Kraus lost his brother who had a love for bow ties nine years ago.
Today, the shop donates a portion of its proceeds to the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay.
The fifth annual Beer and Bow Ties event kicks off this Friday night, September 13, at Armature Works.
All proceeds from the event will go to the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay to help suicide prevention.
If you or someone you love is in need of help or support please call the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay at (813) 964-1964.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Beer and Bow Ties event.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Drier air today, more rain into the weekend
- Families say they were forced out of Pinellas mobile home park due to feces running from sinks
- Amazon delivery driver charged with stealing packages, selling them on wife’s OfferUp page
- Chemo drug shortage has families of children with cancer scrambling
- Boxer Patrick Day dies after suffering traumatic brain injury during fight