LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A drive-in movie theater is popping up in Lakeland for a good cause.
The Central Florida Speech and Hearing Center is celebrating its 60th anniversary with a drive-in movie theater event.
On Thursday night, you can catch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Goonies from the comfort of your own car.
The event will have a silent auction, raffles, and fun games, all while watching some of your favorite old flicks.
All proceeds will go to helping fund the local non-profits work in Polk County.
The President of Central Florida Speech and Hearing Center told 8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross it hopes the unique movie experience will bring the community together.
Tailgating begins at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Silver Moon Drive-In in Lakeland.
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory will air at 8:45 p.m. followed by The Goonies at 10:45 p.m.
Adults cost $15, Children (10 and under) cost $10.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Central Florida Speech and Hearing Center.
- ‘Tis the season for Christmas in the Wild at ZooTampa
- Holidays at LEGOLAND: See festive shows, treats and twinkling lights
- ‘Christmas Town’ twinkles at Busch Gardens with holiday cheer
- Shop local, enjoy family fun at Winter Village in downtown Tampa
- Local families kick off Thanksgiving Day with annual Florida Turkey Trot