CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (WESH) — SpaceX has completed the last big test of its crew capsule before launching astronauts in as little as two months.
The company founded and led by Elon Musk mimicked an emergency launch escape Sunday in the skies above Cape Canaveral.
A Falcon rocket blasted off as normal, but just over a minute into flight, the Dragon capsule catapulted off the top with a pair of mannequins aboard.
The Falcon engines deliberately shut down, and the booster tumbled out of control and crashed into the Atlantic.
The capsule, meanwhile, parachuted into the ocean. The flight lasted about nine minutes.
- Florida woman leaves infant home alone on Thanksgiving to go to bar, police say
- Fire Hazards During the Holiday Season
- A Go-To Holiday Ingredient That’s Both Good for You and Good for the Planet
- Big Game Bound: Playoff hopes remain alive for multiple teams as NFL enters Week 13
- The FDA cleared DigniCap® Scalp Cooling System that minimizes hair loss from certain chemotherapy treatments could soon be covered by insurance