Two pedestrians were swallowed by a sinkhole after a sidewalk suddenly collapsed in central China this week.
Surveillance footage captured the moment when the two pedestrians were walking on the pavement next to a main road before dropping into a deep pit as the sidewalk caved in.
State media reported that both survived the accident.
It said they were rescued by local firefighters and sent to the hospital.
According to state media, the accident is likely to be caused by recent torrential rains, which have battered China for weeks.
- Bay Area political analyst says to win White House, candidates must win two major groups in Florida
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- 4 albino alligators born at ‘Wild Florida,’ first ever to hatch at any attraction in world
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from organ failure after mild COVID-19 symptoms
- ‘We want you guys to play’: Gov. DeSantis voices support for college athletes looking to play amid pandemic