BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (CNN) — An Oklahoma officer was captured on camera collapsing after a scary exposure to fentanyl while packing up drug evidence.
Coming into contact with dangerous drugs is just part of the job for police officers. Unfortunately, the power of even the smallest touch of fentanyl can have scary consequences.
A Bartlesville Police officer is the latest example of that as video captured him collapsing while packing up drug evidence believed to be laced with fentanyl.
A rush of officers came to the rescue seconds later.
“I don’t know what would have happened had they not acted so quickly,” Bartlesville Police Sergeant Jim Warring said.
Warring said officers quickly gave him Narcan, which is believed to have saved his life.
- Bird sees no hypocrisy on US team staying for anthem
- Sarasota Olympian swimmer Emma Weyant advances to 400-meter IM final
- Olympus Pools shuts down, saying state ‘forced us to voluntarily relinquish our license’
- Simone Biles, Jade Carey among five gymnasts who may debut new skills in Tokyo
- 3 found dead, baby left unharmed after shooting inside New York home, authorities say