(KOVR/CNN/WFLA) – An unlikely character brightened Christmas Eve for shoppers in Stockton, California.
A man dressed like the Grinch was running around the center court at the Weberstown Mall and started showering last-minute shoppers with hundreds of $1 bills.
“It was a lot of money,” said Carlos Barajas. “Imagine money being thrown around your area, everybody was going crazy picking it up.”
“It looked like it was raining,” said one kid.
Word spread quickly about the mystery grinch and a video of the act went viral.
The man behind the mask later revealed himself to KOVR.
“It’s me, Terry. I was the guy that did it with a couple of my friends and we just wanted to bring smiles to y’alls’ faces,” he said. “I hope it inspires others to do the same. Give back.”
Terry said he raised the $2,500 through donations from the community, and that it’s the second year that he and his friends have done this.
- Deputies advise neighborhood of suspicious person who groped a dog walker
- Stanley Cup: Stars and Lightning turn defense into offense
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Sen. Rick Scott: ‘It would be irresponsible to allow an extended vacancy on the Supreme Court’
- Univ. of Florida administration to vote on canceling March Spring Break