KEY LARGO, Fla. (NBC News) —A Florida man ended up with 16 stitches after being bitten by a nurse shark in Key Largo.
Andres Garcia was working on a dock in the water when the shark clamped down on his foot and wouldn’t let go.
Garcia eventually had to get out of the water, with the shark still attached to his foot and remove it with a hammer.
The shark held on for at least 15 minutes. Garcia received 16 stitches.
- Florida mother accepts plea deal for 23 years in starvation death of 13-month-old daughter
- Florida vote by mail: Can you get two mail ballots for the same election?
- Final stretch: Presidential campaigns hit the trail hard in southern states with one week left until Election Day
- ‘We want to see the cruise ships sail again’: DeSantis says he’s working with White House
- DeSantis holds roundtable regarding opioid crisis