(NBC) – A newly-released body camera video shows a deputy trying to reach a distressed boater in rough conditions near the Florida panhandle.
Deputy Robert Wagner was at the helm when a huge wave went over the bow and shattered the windshield.
According to the Okaloosa Sheriff’s Department, the broken glass hit Wagner in the face and body, causing minor injuries.
He was treated at a hospital and is doing ok.
The Coast Guard was able to reach the boater who needed help and got that person to safety.
- Dunedin man desperate to find kidney donor
- Attorneys say Joe Exotic of ‘Tiger King’ wants new trial
- Fort Myers woman finds 7-foot gator in her garage
- SCOTUS considers Arizona voting rights case as House lawmakers debate bill expanding access to polls
- Vial of hope: Granddaughter gives 87-year-old grandparents both doses of COVID vaccine