CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (WFLA) – A United Launch Alliance rocket launched from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station early Thursday morning.
The rocket blasted off at 6:13 a.m.
The launch created a shining, billowing streak that was widely seen throughout Tampa Bay Thursday morning.
The rocket is carrying a Lockheed Martin-built Advanced Extremely High-Frequency communications satellite for the U.S. Air Force.
We hope to have an update on WFLA.con once the rocket completes its six-hour mission.
- ‘Star Wars’ actor and dialect coach Andrew Jack dies from coronavirus
- Kroger offers ‘hero bonus’ for hourly employees during coronavirus shutdown
- Coronavirus: SiriusXM radio will be free until May 15
- AMBER Alert: Man flees with Georgia toddler after shooting, killing 3 family members
- Florida lawmakers sign letter urging DeSantis to issue statewide ‘stay-at-home’ order