CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (WFLA) – A United Launch Alliance rocket launched from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station early Thursday morning.
The rocket blasted off at 6:13 a.m.
The launch created a shining, billowing streak that was widely seen throughout Tampa Bay Thursday morning.
The rocket is carrying a Lockheed Martin-built Advanced Extremely High-Frequency communications satellite for the U.S. Air Force.
We hope to have an update on WFLA.con once the rocket completes its six-hour mission.
- Missing teen found alive after 9 days in woods
- Crowds at the Florabama and Orange Beach watch waters for SpaceX Splashdown
- Help SPCA Tampa Bay raise money with portraits of your pets
- Man on the run after allegedly shooting coworker in Bradenton
- ‘My father ignored medical expertise and now he has COVID,’ Rep. Louie Gohmert’s daughter says