LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — An SUV drove into an eyeglass store in Largo Tuesday morning.
The owner of the Optical Factory and Showroom told WFLA a customer coming to pick up new lenses for her glasses accidentally accelerated into the building while pulling to a parking spot.
Several customers and employees were inside the store at the time, but thankfully no one was hurt, the owner Kara Colecchia said.
WATCH FULL VIDEO HERE
Colecchia said police estimated the damage to the vehicle and store is between $30-50 thousand. She added she’s unsure the cost of the lost merchandise, saying hundreds of pairs of frames, including some of the store’s most expensive, were destroyed.
By noon, most of the debris had been cleaned up and staff was in the process of boarding up the damaged storefront.
Officials have not yet spoken on the incident.
This story will be updated.
- Louisiana store clerk accused of shooting at customer who refused to wear mask
- House, Senate Democrats file bills that would halt deportations during pandemic
- Recovery effort underway for ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera, presumed dead following boat trip
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Recycling pick up to resume every other week for Hillsborough Co. residents on July 13