TAMPA (WFLA) – President Donald Trump visited Tampa this afternoon and received an endorsement from 48 sheriffs from across the state of Florida including eight Tampa Bay area sheriffs.
The endorsement came during a re-election at an event with President Trump in Tampa.
The Tampa Bay area sheriffs who endorsed President Trump includes:
- Mike Prendergast, Citrus County
- Arnold Lanier, Hardee County
- Al Nienhuis, Hernando County
- Paul Blackman, Highlands County
- Charles R. Wells, Manatee County
- Chris Nocco, Pasco County
- Bob Gualtieri, Pinellas County
- Tom Knight, Sarasota County
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd and Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Chronister were not listed in the press release.
Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco spoke at Friday’s event.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- ‘We’re not doing that in Florida’: DeSantis says no lockdowns, mask requirements for upcoming school year
- Engineer: Avenue next to collapsed Florida condo could fail
- Naomi Osaka lights Olympic cauldron at Tokyo Opening Ceremony
- Red tide beach hazards: NWS issues statement warning of possible respiratory irritation in Pinellas
- Plague discovered in 6 Colorado counties after 10-year-old dies