LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WFLA) – After three months and 205 total games at Walt Disney World Resort’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, the NBA Finals came to a close Sunday night.
Despite the limitations in place by the NBA’s bubble, the Los Angeles Lakers were able to come out on top and won the 2019-2020 NBA Championship.
To celebrate the Lakers’ win against the Miami Heat, Walt Disney World’s Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom was lit in purple and gold.
The NBA season was initially shut down on March 11 at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The first players arrived at Walt Disney World on July 7 and games began on July 30.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer