TAMPA (WFLA) — University of South Florida’s football program has paused on-field activity while they await the results of their latest coronavirus testing.
USF’s opponent last week, Notre Dame, saw seven players test positive with coronavirus Monday. Their football program was put on pause until further testing was completed.
In accordance with the AAC and ACC protocols, the Bulls were tested twice on Friday before Saturday’s game vs. the Irish. The team was tested twice again on Monday, with each test producing negative results.
The program says they’re holding off on football practices until the results of their Wednesday morning test results out of “an abundance of caution.”
- Manatee Co. deputies searching for runaway, endangered 13-year-old girl
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Super-fan twin sisters cheer on the Rays at St. Pete Pier World Series watch parties
- Naples man finds giant jellyfish while running on beach