CINCINNATI (AP) — Gerrid Doaks ran for 102 yards and a touchdown, Tre Tucker returned a kickoff 97 yards for a score and No. 15 Cincinnati had five interceptions in a 28-7 victory over South Florida on Saturday.
Doaks had his first 100-yard rushing game since November 2019 when he ran for 123 against UConn.
Tucker returned the kickoff late in the third quarter to put Cincinnati ahead 28-7. It was the first kick return TD by a Bearcats player since Ralph David Abernathy IV in the Liberty Bowl against Vanderbilt in December 2011.
The game started sloppily with four turnovers, two by each team, in the first 11 snaps.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,870 new cases, highest single-day increase since July 25
- Wisconsin high court declines to hear Trump election lawsuit
- Video captures jet skier rescuing trapped dolphin in Biscayne Bay
- ‘Hero’ police K9 recovering after being shot by suspect in Phoenix
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters