TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The University of South Florida softball team is hosting the USA Softball Women’s National Team at their field on campus on Tuesday night.
The two teams will participate in an exhibition game to begin the “Stand Beside Her” tour presented by Major League Baseball.
The Bulls will see a familiar face in the opposing dugout: Ken Eriksen. He took a leave of absence from his job as the head softball coach at USF to coach the Olympic team.
The USA vs. USF game started at 6:30 p.m. All proceeds from Tuesday’s game will go toward youth softball through the Tampa Parks and Recreation Department.
LATEST SPORTS HEADLINES:
- Vita Vea in, Antonio Brown out for Bucs in NFC title game
- Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron dies at 86
- Sarasota health care workers among 7,500 getting free tickets to Super Bowl
- Japan privately concludes Tokyo Olympics should be canceled due to coronavirus
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?