TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Lightning continue their quest to bring home the Stanley Cup in the first Eastern Conference playoff game Wednesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
HOW TO WATCH
- Wednesday night’s game begins at 7 p.m. at Amalie Arena.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning will host a watch party at Curtis Hixon Park which will feature the Lightning game broadcast, live music, entertainment, games, food trucks, giveaways and more.
- Before the watch party, fans can attend a free ‘Cage the Elephant’ concert at Curtis Hixon Park.
- Pre-game show live from Amalie Arena Wednesday and Friday at 6:30 p.m. on WTTA Great 38.
- Post-game coverage on WFLA News Channel 8 right after the news at 11 p.m.
NEED TICKETS? If you want to go to the game but don’t have tickets, on the day of the game fans can check out the Lightning website between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.and there might be more face value tickets released, according to Eric Blankenship, Tampa Bay Lightning VP of Marketing. Blankenship suggests to always go to TampaBayLightning.com or Ticketmaster when you want to buy tickets, because those sites are confirmed.
HOW TO GET TO THE GAME AND WATCH PARTY
- Amalie Arena is located at 401 Channelside Drive in Tampa, FL 33602
- See Amalie Arena parking maps here.
- It’s recommended that people using a ride-share service be dropped off/picked up near the Convention Center or FL Aquarium.
- The TECO Streetcar is always providing free rides, and offers extended service for evening games – until midnight.
ROAD CLOSURES NEAR AMALIE ARENA
- The City of Tampa will close the following roads for tonight’s NHL Concert and Watch Party at Curtis Hixon Park:
- Gasparilla Plaza between Cass Street & Ashley Drive
- The southbound outside lane of Ashley Drive will be closed in front of Curtis Hixon.
- Construction impacts should be anticipated on Old Water Street, Franklin Street, Whiting Street and Channelside Drive.
- The City of Tampa provides all road closure info to the Waze App, and it’s recommended that anyone going to playoff games use that app for directions, including to parking garages.
ABOUT THE GAME
- The Lightning are 32-7-2 on their home ice. Tampa Bay averages 10.6 points per game to lead the Eastern Conference, recording 3.9 goals and 6.7 assists per game.
- The Blue Jackets are 25-14-2 on the road. Columbus has given up 30 power-play goals, killing 85 percent of opponent chances. The teams meet Wednesday for the fourth time this season. Tampa Bay went 3-0 against Columbus during the regular season.
- TOP PERFORMERS- Nikita Kucherov leads the Lightning with 128 total points, scoring 41 goals and registering 87 assists. J.T. Miller has recorded nine assists over the last 10 games for Tampa Bay. Josh Anderson leads the Blue Jackets with a plus-25 in 82 games played this season. Artemi Panarin has totaled three goals and nine assists over the last 10 games for Columbus.
- LAST 10 GAMES- Blue Jackets: 7-3-0, averaging 3.7 goals, 5.3 assists, 1.4 penalties and 3.1 penalty minutes while giving up 2.1 goals per game with a .923 save percentage. Lightning: 7-3-0, averaging 4.2 goals, 6.3 assists, 4.2 penalties and 11.2 penalty minutes while giving up 3.2 goals per game with a .902 save percentage.
- INJURIES- Lightning Injuries: Anton Stralman: day to day (undisclosed), Victor Hedman: day to day (upper body). Blue Jackets Injuries: None listed.