NEW YORK - Andrei Vasilevskiy made 34 saves, J.T. Brown and Ryan Callahan scored 42 seconds apart in the first period and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the New York Islanders 4-0 on Monday night.
Nikita Kucherov and Vladislav Namestnikov also scored as the Lightning won for the fourth time in seven games (4-2-1) following a three-game skid. Steven Stamkos had two assists to help Tampa Bay complete a sweep of the three-game season series with the Islanders - all within the last 14 days - by a combined 14-2 margin.
Jaroslav Halak had 27 saves for New York, which was shut out for the first time this season and fell to 1-3-3 in its last seven.
- Image copyright 2018 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WATCH: Sheriff explains why 'Stand Your Ground' shooter is not arrested
- Police officer seriously injured in Fort Myers shooting; suspect in custody
- Driver sought after man dies in Tampa hit-and-run
- Reward offered after pregnant dolphin found shot to death