Los Angeles Kings (18-25-4, seventh in the Pacific Division) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (27-14-4, second in the Atlantic Division)
Tampa, Florida; Tuesday, 7 p.m. EST
BOTTOM LINE: Tampa Bay hosts Los Angeles trying to extend its five-game home winning streak.
The Lightning are 14-7-2 at home. Tampa Bay has scored 161 goals and ranks fourth in the league averaging 3.6 per game. Brayden Point leads the team with 18.
The Kings are 7-15-3 in road games. Los Angeles has given up 34 power-play goals, killing 75% of opponent chances.
The teams meet Tuesday for the first time this season.
TOP PERFORMERS: Point leads the Lightning with 18 goals and has totaled 40 points. Steven Stamkos has totaled three goals and eight assists over the last 10 games for Tampa Bay.
Anze Kopitar leads the Kings with 16 goals and has 40 points. Alex Iafallo has totaled four goals and six assists over the last 10 games for Los Angeles.
LAST 10 GAMES: Kings: 3-7-0, averaging 2.2 goals, 3.8 assists, 2.2 penalties and 4.7 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game with a .916 save percentage.
Lightning: 9-1-0, averaging 3.8 goals, 5.8 assists, 4.2 penalties and 9.6 penalty minutes while giving up 1.8 goals per game with a .935 save percentage.
INJURIES: Lightning: Ryan McDonagh: day to day (upper body).
Kings: Blake Lizotte: day to day (lower body).
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- 3 must-visit foodie stops during Super Bowl week in Miami
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo