TAMPA BAY, Fla (WFLA) – Dicks Sporting Goods and other retailers across Tampa Bay are opening early Tuesday morning due to the Lightning winning the Stanley Cup.
Stores from Brooksville to St. Pete, Tampa to Sarasota, are opening up at 7 a.m. to give fans a chance to commemorate the championship game. One family showed up to the store at Westshore Mall at 6 a.m. to make sure they got their hands on the championship gear.
8 On Your Side spoke with fans this morning as they purchased their new lightning gear.
“I cant believe they won it. It doesn’t even feel real. It’s a dream come true. I’ve been a lightning fan since I was born,” said avid Bolts fan Cera Luciani.
Fans are highly encouraged to get their gear via Dick Sporting Good’s contactless curbside pickup service. Championship gear is available online and customers can order for in-store or curbside pickup.
- Manatee Co. deputies searching for runaway, endangered 13-year-old girl
- Family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’
- Super-fan twin sisters cheer on the Rays at St. Pete Pier World Series watch parties
- Naples man finds giant jellyfish while running on beach