TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Lightning earned their spot in the Eastern Conference Finals after beating the Boston Bruins, 3-2 in double overtime.
“We made it tough for them. I was very happy especially with the defensive effort that we put forth in the series,” said lightning Defenseman, Victor Hedman.
In the third period, the Bolts were up 2-1 and with less than three minutes left in regulation, the Bruins would tie to score at 2-2, sending the game into overtime.
In the second overtime, Victor Hedman made the game-winning goal to secure the win.
“There was a lot of adversity. I am just really proud of everyone just picking each other up and getting through the ups and downs of the game,” said Lightning Defenseman, Ryan McDonagh.
The Lightning now wait for the winner between the Philadelphia Flyers and NY Islanders series to see who they will face in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Friday Night Blitz: Pinellas Park Patriots vs Mitchell Mustangs
- Friday Night Blitz: Tarpon Springs Spongers vs River Ridge Royal Knights
- Friday Night Blitz: Auburndale Bloodhounds vs Lake Gibson Braves
- Friday Night Blitz: Kathleen Red Devils vs Strawberry Crest Chargers
- Friday Night Blitz: Osceola Warriors vs Countryside Cougars