TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Lightning earned their spot in the Eastern Conference Finals after beating the Boston Bruins, 3-2 in double overtime.
“We made it tough for them. I was very happy especially with the defensive effort that we put forth in the series,” said lightning Defenseman, Victor Hedman.
In the third period, the Bolts were up 2-1 and with less than three minutes left in regulation, the Bruins would tie to score at 2-2, sending the game into overtime.
In the second overtime, Victor Hedman made the game-winning goal to secure the win.
“There was a lot of adversity. I am just really proud of everyone just picking each other up and getting through the ups and downs of the game,” said Lightning Defenseman, Ryan McDonagh.
The Lightning now wait for the winner between the Philadelphia Flyers and NY Islanders series to see who they will face in the Eastern Conference finals.
- High-tech wristband reminds employees to wash hands, tracks how well they do it
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- Husband used missing wife’s ballot to vote for Trump in 2020
- Busch Gardens drops mask requirement for vaccinated guests
- Disney, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando change mask requirements for guests