DENVER (AP) — Nikita Kucherov stole the puck from Nathan MacKinnon and scored 3:03 into overtime, sending the Tampa Bay Lightning to a franchise-record 11th straight win, 4-3 over the Colorado Avalanche.
Cameron Gaunce and Alex Killorn scored 16 seconds apart during the Bolts’ three-goal second period before Colorado came back to force overtime.
Steven Stamkos also had a goal for Tampa Bay in the second period that erased a 1-0 deficit, and Bolts goaltender Curtis McElhinney stopped 24 shots despite getting bowled over by Colorado’s J.T. Compher midway through the third period, sparking the first of two brawls in a tense ending.
- Local event planner creates game to encourage residents to try, support new restaurants while stuck at home
- Pinellas County opens 9 new donation sites for PPE
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- City of Tampa gets creative with ‘social distance’ messages