DENVER (AP) — Nikita Kucherov stole the puck from Nathan MacKinnon and scored 3:03 into overtime, sending the Tampa Bay Lightning to a franchise-record 11th straight win, 4-3 over the Colorado Avalanche.
Cameron Gaunce and Alex Killorn scored 16 seconds apart during the Bolts’ three-goal second period before Colorado came back to force overtime.
Steven Stamkos also had a goal for Tampa Bay in the second period that erased a 1-0 deficit, and Bolts goaltender Curtis McElhinney stopped 24 shots despite getting bowled over by Colorado’s J.T. Compher midway through the third period, sparking the first of two brawls in a tense ending.
- Stamkos scores, leaves, Lightning beat Stars 5-2 in Game 3
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Rays clinch AL East title following 8-5 win over Mets
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville amid Breonna Taylor protests