TAMPA (WFLA) – Although the Lightning have shown no sign of rust during the league’s restart, they lost 4-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers Saturday night.
The Flyers now sit at the No. 1 seed in the East while the Lightning is second.
Tampa Bay will now play the winner of Sunday night’s Columbus Blue Jackets and Toronto Maple Leafs game.
Lightning star defenseman Victor Hedman was ruled out after appearing to twist his right ankle midway through the first period of the playoff round-robin game against the Flyers.
Hedman went down untouched as he spun around to skate backward at the Tampa Bay blue line with Flyers Tyler Pitlick driving up the right-wing.
The NHL’s 2017 Norris Trophy-winner got up slowly and broke his stick while heading down the tunnel to the locker room.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Two years later, the murder of an elderly Clearwater couple remains a mystery
- Hero on aisle 8: Cashier saves customer’s life
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe