(AP) – Defenseman Zach Bogosian went from having his contract terminated by the Buffalo Sabres to landing in the thick of the playoff race with the Tampa Bay Lighting.
The Lightning signed Bogosian to a one-year, $1.3 million contract on Sunday.
The 12-year veteran returns to the NHL after spending the past week in limbo. The Sabres suspended Bogosian for refusing to report to the minors last weekend, before placing him on unconditional waivers on Friday.
The 29-year-old joins a Lightning team that sits second in the Atlantic Division standings with 85 points, five back of NHL-leading Boston.
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration