TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Lightning practiced inside Amalie Arena on Thursday ahead of their final team scrimmage on Friday.
Zach Bogosian, a veteran defenseman who joined the Lightning this season, said he will be focused on perfecting his timing.
“There are only so many ways we can play hockey. We are not reinventing the wheel here,” said Bogosian. “We are trying to bring that tempo up and get up to speed as we go into that playoff push.”
He acknowledged his job is to play a physical game and, when he was asked if he deals with any challenges playing alongside his teammate, Victor Hedman, he could only compliment the 2020 Norris Trophy finalist.
“He is obviously a world class player that can do anything. I will basically be a safety net for him. He is a world class player,” said Bogosian.
That scrimmage begins at 4 p.m. on Friday.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade to march on despite pandemic
- Thanksgiving eve not as brisk for business in St. Petersburg in 2020
- Land O’ Lakes man charged in fatal 2019 Christmas Eve crash that killed 3 women
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of TIME Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America