TAMPA (WFLA) – A Tampa man and some of his friends were rooting for the Tampa Bay Lightning a little too loudly on Wednesday night and ended up getting a visit from law enforcement.
Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office arrived at the home of 26-year-old Devon Garnett after neighbors reported someone screaming “shoot!”
“I wanted [Victor] Hedman to shoot the puck so I screamed, ‘shoot! Shoot!'” Garnett said.
When deputies got there, they told the friends they had received a call about a potential domestic dispute. The friends cleared it up, telling law enforcement it was all just a mix-up.
“We were just trying to scream for Steven Stamkos,” Garnett said. “Who would call the cops? Did they not know the Lightning were playing?”
Garnett says for future games he’ll clarify and say “shoot the puck” to avoid any problems.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee
- Trump campaign says website briefly ‘defaced’
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- Deputies searching for suspect following shooting in Safety Harbor
- Florida mother accepts plea deal for 23 years in starvation death of 13-month-old daughter