TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Just because the Tampa Bay Lightning are up in Canada competing in the Stanley Cup Final, that does not mean no one can play hockey in Amalie Arena.
WFLA’s Danny New explored the state of the team’s home ice, although there was not much of the latter.
However, he did get to meet the team dog, Bolt, who is currently training for “puppy college.”
The Bolts are set to play Game 4 against the Dallas Stars Friday night at 8 p.m. You can watch the game on WFLA with pre-game coverage starting at 7:30.
And because calling what Danny did in Amalie “hockey” is a bit generous, there has been no word yet on whether he will suit up for the team.
LATEST LIGHTNING NEWS:
- Goalies get shuffled in NHL free agency; Lightning quickly depleted
- Tampa Bay Lightning re-sign forwards Mitchell Stephens, Gemel Smith
- Steven Stamkos expected to be ready for next season, Lightning GM says
- ‘You guys gave us something to celebrate’: Lightning’s Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman on Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Lightning GM confirms team will look different next season due to flat salary cap