TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Because of the coronavirus pandemic, many businesses, organizations and charities, such as the Ronald McDonald House, are feeling quite a strain.
Ronald McDonald House has had to cancel their group meals and have set up an emergency fund for meals and supplies by partnering with local restaurants.
As a way to help, the Tampa Bay Rays are now matching every donation given to Ronald McDonald House Charities Tampa Bay up to $2,000.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities house families of children who are considered most critical and have no other place to go. This includes premature babies, cancer & trauma patients, CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia) families with critically-ill infants, and families with children receiving life-changing therapies and medical procedures.
- Disney plans to lay off another 4,000 workers
- Metropolitan Ministries serves thousands of Thanksgiving meals to-go due to pandemic
- CDC considers shortening coronavirus quarantine period
- They’re baaack: Trump and allies still refuse election loss
- Teen driver hits, kills woman crossing U.S. 41 in Pasco County