TAMPA (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Rowdies have released a joint statement following the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery.
In a statement, the teams said “that words are not enough and have never been enough. We need continued action and a re-education of our culture. We are committing $100,000 per year to supporting causes in the fight against systemic racism.:
The teams said they will identify and share the organizations that would be receiving the funds in the coming days.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Hillsborough County sets turnout record for opening day of early voting
- Saved by social media: Car stolen with dog inside leads to social media hunt and discovery on I-275
- Rays take the field ahead of Game 1 of the World Series
- Arians discusses importance of in-game adjustments in win over Packers
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital