TAMPA (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Rowdies have released a joint statement following the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery.
In a statement, the teams said “that words are not enough and have never been enough. We need continued action and a re-education of our culture. We are committing $100,000 per year to supporting causes in the fight against systemic racism.:
The teams said they will identify and share the organizations that would be receiving the funds in the coming days.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Police investigating serious 3-car crash in Pinellas Park
- MLB cancels All-Star Game for first time since 1945
- Former USF student who started social media movement on sex assault allegations speaks out
- Photos show police reenacting chokehold on Elijah McClain
- World War II vet, grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment