ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Tampa Bay Rays pitching prospect Brent Honeywell underwent a decompression procedure on his right ulnar nerve and is scheduled to begin strength and mobility exercises next week.
The team says Dr. Neal ElAttrache performed the procedure on the 25-year-old right-hander in Los Angeles, removing scar tissue from the area of the nerve.
Honeywell hasn’t pitched in a minor league game since September 2017.
He had Tommy John surgery in February 2018. He also had surgery to repair a right elbow fracture in June 2019.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Celebrate National Wine Day today!
- Large crowd gathers at speedway in North Carolina
- Tampa Bay Rays begin voluntary workouts at Tropicana Field
- RUN-CAST REPORT: Rainy and muggy conditions, so keep workout easy
- Hundreds participate in birthday parade for 1-year-old Walmart shooting survivor