ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Tampa Bay Rays pitching prospect Brent Honeywell underwent a decompression procedure on his right ulnar nerve and is scheduled to begin strength and mobility exercises next week.
The team says Dr. Neal ElAttrache performed the procedure on the 25-year-old right-hander in Los Angeles, removing scar tissue from the area of the nerve.
Honeywell hasn’t pitched in a minor league game since September 2017.
He had Tommy John surgery in February 2018. He also had surgery to repair a right elbow fracture in June 2019.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida coronavirus: State tallies 2,521 new cases
- FHP: Car crashes into Riverview business, setting both on fire; driver flees
- Live Game Updates: Tampa Bay Buccaneers host Carolina Panthers in home opener at Raymond James Stadium
- Buccaneers open season at home without fans
- Oldest living Marine celebrates her 107th birthday