TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rays are hosting a supply drive benefiting the victims of Hurricane Dorian which hit the Bahamas as a Category 5 storm.
The supply drive will take place this weekend on Friday, September 6 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, September 7 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, September 8 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Only the following items on this list will be accepted:
- Pet Food (Bagged)
- Tents (4-6 person)
- Work Gloves
- Trash Bags (Heavy Duty)
- Bug Spray
- Flashlights & Headlamps
- Phone Chargers & Phone Battery Packs (Solar)
- Battery-Operated Fans (Small)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, D)
Per the request of the Bahamian government, items that focus on shelter for those affected are of the highest priority.
Donations will be collected in Lot 9, located on the corner of 9th Street South and 4th Avenue South at Tropicana Field.
Fans who donate will receive two complimentary tickets to the game on Sunday, September 8 against the Toronto Blue Jays at 1:10 p.m.
All items collected will be flown to the Bahamas by Sol Relief, a nonprofit group dedicated to disaster relief in the United States and the Caribbean.
MORE HURRICANE COVERAGE
- Hurricane Dorian death toll in Bahamas rises to 30
- Publix pledges $250K in hurricane support to Bahamas
- Florida cruise ship offering to transport Bahamian residents to South Florida for free
- News Channel 8, American Red Cross team up to raise money for Dorian victims
- VIDEO: Jeep stuck in high surf from Dorian briefly becomes Myrtle Beach tourist attraction