ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rays held an end-of-season press conference at Tropicana Field on Friday.
The event comes after the team’s 6-1 loss against the Houston Astros on Thursday evening during the American League Division Series.
During the press conference, one of the main themes discussed was giving thanks to the fans, players and community for such a great season.
“As far as the fans go, what they did in the two games here was unbelievable,” team manager, Kevin Cash, said. “It helped us win games, just like it helped Houston win games in their ballpark. But our fans, for them to show out the way they did, it was just an awesome experience that any of the players will ever forget.”
For the Rays 2020 schedule, click here.
- Schakolad Chocolate Factory makes Easter baskets for nurses’ kids
- ‘Houston, we’ve had a problem’: Remembering Apollo 13 at 50
- NBA says players will receive full checks on April 15
- “Drive-by” donation drives encourage giving from a distance
- 16.8M Americans thrown out of work as economic toll rises